Welcome to the
Community Pharmacy Website
Changes to Contractor Payment Information
(21 November 2013)
Following internal discussions and with Community Pharmacy Scotland, Practitioner Services has revised the timing of ceasing paper schedules to contractors originally planned for October dispensing, paid December.
It is now our intention to cease producing and sending paper schedules to contractors for December dispensing, paid February therefore the last calendar month contractors will receive a paper schedule is January 2014.
Pharmacy Care Record (PCR) version 8.0 is now available
(07 November 2013)
PCR Version 8.0 has now been released and includes new features that support:
- Warfarin high risk medicine care risk assessment
- Gluten-free support tool assessment
PCR version 8.0 also includes:
- Link to PCR after successful authentication
- Date picker control on all date fields
- Updated report: complex dispensing patient =”yes” (Sub-types now shown in report view)
Chronic Medication Service Claims
(28 October 2013)
Practitioner Services is continuing to see an increased amount of Chronic Medication Service (CMS) claims coming through with instalment dispensing endorsements applied. Please remember – Instalment dispensing endorsements are NOT VALID for CMS claims therefore they should not be applied. If a GP indicated instalment dispensing on a CMS serial prescription, then you should contact the GP practice and inform them this is not allowable under CMS.
Top 5 Prescription Submission Tips
- Securely band prescriptions before placing in transit bags or boxes;
- Remember to add your Health Board or contractor number to the transit bag or box;
- Band separately all non standard forms e.g. Stock Orders, Forms with invoices/PC70s;
- Remember to include your GP34 Declaration form, only record the forms you are submitting;
- Please don't use staples - to attach supporting documentation, paper clips are the preferred option.